With JUVÉDERM ® VOLUX™ XC, You Can Receive Non-Surgical Jawline Augmentation in Your Aesthetic Provider’s Office
IRVINE, Calif. , Jan. 18, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Today, Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie company (NYSE: ABBV), announced the highly anticipated national launch of JUVÉDERM ® VOLUX™ XC. The long-lasting hyaluronic acid (HA) filler is now available at aesthetic practices for consumers over the age associated with 21 with moderate to severe loss of jawline definition. 1
“With 40% of aesthetically-aware customers considering treatment in the particular next year to their jawline or jowls along with dermal filler, 2* Allergan Aesthetics is excited to address this need by offering JUVÉDERM ® VOLUX™ XC, a specifically designed and well-researched solution, ” said Carrie Strom , President, Global Allergan Aesthetics and Senior Vice President, AbbVie . “As the category leader, we continue to innovate by providing aesthetic specialists and patients the broadest portfolio associated with differentiated fillers. ” 1, 3-7
“Many different types of individuals can benefit from JUVÉDERM ® VOLUX™ XC whether you want to tackle the appearance of jowls or even the contour of the particular jawline, inch said Dr. Sachin Shridharani , board-certified plastic surgeon. 1 “With the addition of this new dermal filler in order to the JUVÉDERM ® Collection, I can create the smooth, natural-looking, and long-lasting contour that lasts up to twelve months with optimal treatment. inches 1
JUVÉDERM ® VOLUX™ XC is the newest member of the particular JUVÉDERM ® Collection, and offers a minimally invasive, non-surgical treatment option with minimal downtime. 1 In the JUVÉDERM ® VOLUX™ XC clinical trial, patients reported high satisfaction with the results of their own treatment. 1 The particular JUVÉDERM ® Collection is the number one chosen dermal for filler injections collection in the U. S. 8 † Additionally , in a survey associated with aesthetic providers with experience using three or more skin filler brands, the JUVÉDERM ® brand was preferred over two times more than other dermal filler brands. 9‡
“The shape of the jawline has a profound effect on a good individual’s appearance, 10 which makes treating this particular area challenging and requires the practitioner to have advanced skills and precision, ” said Doctor. David Shafer , double board-certified plastic surgeon plus Allergan Medical Institute (AMI) trainer. “With the approval of JUVÉDERM ® VOLUX™ XC, the AMI curriculum has expanded to include in-depth training, robust clinical trial data, and resources backed by science to ensure that providers have the proper knowledge and technique required to safely treat appropriate sufferers to meet their particular aesthetic goals. ”
Commonly reported side effects within the clinical study included tenderness, lumps/bumps, pain, swelling, firmness, bruising, redness, itching, and discoloration at the injection sites, as documented in their 30-day daily diaries. 1 These side effects are consistent with HA for filler injections and were usually mild (causing little discomfort and no impact on every day activities) or even moderate (causing some pain and effect on everyday activities) in severity. 1 Most of these side effects went away on their own within two weeks. 1
Consumers plus new patients who receive aesthetic therapy from the particular JUVÉDERM ® Selection of Fillers, can also enroll in Allē, the Allergan Aesthetics loyalty rewards program to unlock access to curated content, exclusive offers, and personalized rewards that can be used for savings upon the Allergan Aesthetics portfolio of products and redeemed at a participating provider’s office, subject to applicable program terms plus conditions. Allē is the first and only devotion program in the aesthetics market to also offer consumers the ability to earn points on more than 40 non-Allergan Aesthetics treatments and manufacturers.
For more information on the JUVÉDERM ® Collection of Fillers, visit Juvederm. com and follow @JUVEDERM on Instagram.
About Allergan Aesthetics
At Allergan Appearance, an AbbVie company, we develop, manufacture, and marketplace a portfolio of leading aesthetics brands and products. Our aesthetics portfolio includes facial injectables, body contouring, plastics, skin care, and a lot more. Our goal is to consistently provide our customers with innovation, education, exceptional service, and a commitment to excellence, all along with a personal touch. For more information, visit www.AllerganAesthetics.com .
AbbVie’s mission is to discover plus deliver innovative medicines that will solve serious health issues today and address the particular medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health plus gastroenterology, in addition in order to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics profile. To find out more about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
JUVÉDERM ® Injectable Gel Injectables Important Information
JUVÉDERM ® VOLUX™ XC injectable gel is for deep injection to improve moderate to severe loss associated with jawline definition in adults over the age of 21.
JUVÉDERM ® VOLUMA ® XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume reduction and for augmentation of the chin region in order to improve the particular chin profile in adults over twenty one.
JUVÉDERM ® VOLLURE ® XC, JUVÉDERM ® Ultra Plus XC, and JUVÉDERM ® Ultra XC injectable gels are for shot into the facial tissue with regard to the correction of reasonable to serious facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. JUVÉDERM ® VOLLURE ® XC injectable gel is for grownups over 21.
JUVÉDERM ® Super XC injectable gel is also for injection into the lips plus perioral region for lip augmentation within adults more than 21.
JUVÉDERM ® VOLBELLA® XC injectable gel is regarding injection into the lips for lips augmentation and correction of perioral lines, and intended for injection in to the undereye hollows to improve the look of undereye hollows inside adults over the age of 21.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Are there any reasons why I should not receive any JUVÉDERM ® formulation?
Do not use these items if you have the history associated with multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), if you are allergic to lidocaine or the Gram-positive bacterial proteins used in these products, or if you have had previous allergy symptoms in order to hyaluronic acid fillers.
What warnings should my doctor advise me regarding?
- One of the risks with making use of dermal fillers is the unintentional injection directly into a blood vessel. The chances of this happening are very small, but if it does happen, the particular complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for face injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or everlasting scarring from the skin. Many of these events are usually irreversible.
- If you have changes in your vision, signs of a stroke (including sudden difficulty speaking, numbness or even weakness within your face, arms or legs, difficulty walking, face drooping, severe headache, dizziness, or confusion), white appearance of the skin, or even unusual discomfort during or shortly after treatment, you should notify your health care specialist immediately.
- The use of dermal injectables where skin sores, pimples, rashes, hives, cysts, or even infections are present should be postponed, as this may delay healing or make pores and skin problems worse.
- The effectiveness of removal of any dermal filler has not been studied.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- JUVÉDERM ® VOLBELLA ® XC should only be injected into undereye hollows simply by doctors who have completed the necessary training to get this treatment area. To find a doctor, visit Juvederm. com/find-a-specialist . Doctors who complete the training will be listed with a symbol.
- The particular safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding offers not been studied.
- The safety associated with JUVÉDERM ® VOLUMA ® XC has not already been studied in patients under 35 years or over 65 years pertaining to cheek enhancement, or below 22 many years and over 80 years meant for chin augmentation. The safety of JUVÉDERM ® VOLUX™ XC, JUVÉDERM ® VOLLURE ® XC plus JUVÉDERM ® VOLBELLA ® XC has not been studied in patients under 22 yrs, and the security of JUVÉDERM ® Ultra In addition XC and JUVÉDERM ® Extremely XC offers not already been studied within patients below 18 years.
- The protection and usefulness of treatment with JUVÉDERM ® products in anatomical regions outside of their own approved uses have not been established inside clinical studies.
- In case you have a history of excessive scarring (thick, hard scars) or even pigmentation disorders, treatment in these patients is not studied and could result within additional scars or changes in pigmentation.
- If you are planning some other procedures including laser treatments or a chemical peel, there is a possible risk of inflammation at the particular treatment site if these procedures are usually performed closely before or even after JUVÉDERM ® injectable gel treatment.
- Tell your physician if you are upon therapy used to reduce your body’s natural defense system (such as steroids, chemotherapy, plus medicines to treat autoimmune diseases, HIV, and AIDs), as these types of may increase your danger of infection; and medications that can prolong bleeding (such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or additional blood thinners), as these may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the shot site.
- Avoid applying makeup for 12 hours right after treatment and minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment, as they may cause temporary inflammation, swelling, and/or itching in the injection site.
- JUVÉDERM ® VOLUMA ® XC was not really studied in patients with significant loose skin associated with the face, neck, or even jaw.
- The effect of JUVÉDERM ® VOLUMA ® XC injection in to the chin on facial hair growth provides not already been studied.
- Patients who experience skin injury near the web site of JUVÉDERM ® VOLUMA ® XC injection might be in a higher risk for adverse events.
- Inform your doctor if a person have already been injected along with dermal additives in the particular same region as the one(s) you are about to be treated designed for. This information helps your own doctor decide when plus whether you should get treatment.
What are possible side effects of therapy?
The most commonly documented side results with JUVÉDERM ® injectable gels were redness, swelling, pain, tenderness, stiffness, lumps/bumps, bruising, discoloration, and itching. For JUVÉDERM ® VOLBELLA ® XC, dryness was also reported.
These side effects are consistent with other facial injection procedures and most will resolve within 30 days. Your own doctor may choose to treat negative effects persisting longer with antibiotics, steroids, or hyaluronidase (an enzyme that breaks down hyaluronic acid).
As with all skin shot procedures, there is the risk of infection.
To report a side effect along with any product in the JUVÉDERM ® Collection, please call the Allergan ® Product Support Department from 1-877-345-5372. Please also check out Juvederm. possuindo or talk to your doctor just for more info.
Products within the JUVÉDERM ® Collection are usually available just by a licensed physician or properly licensed practitioner.
* ASAPS Practice Survey Data, 2019 (N = 331) 2
† Based on 2022 Market Research Data 3
‡ Based on the quantitative survey fielded in May- June 2022 (n=354). Participants were current injectors associated with JUVÉDERM ® fillers and must have used at least two various other aesthetic skin fillers through two separate aesthetics companies
- JUVÉDERM ® VOLUX™ XC Patient Label 2022
- Data upon File, Allergan, VOLUX Consumer Topline Results, February 4, 2022
- JUVÉDERM ® VOLUMA ® XC Patient Label 2020
- JUVÉDERM ® VOLBELLA ® XC Individual Label 2020
- JUVÉDERM ® VOLLURE ® XC Individual Label 2020
- JUVÉDERM ® Ultra Plus XC Patient Label 2020
- JUVÉDERM ® Ultra XC Patient Brand 2020
- Information on File, Allergan, Dermal Filler AMT, August 2022
- Data on Document, Allergan, AGN Corporate Image Report, July 2022
- Braz A, Cazerta de Paula Eduardo C . Reshaping the particular lower face using injectable fillers. Indian J Plast Surg. 2020; 53: 207-218