GENEVA–( BUSINESS WIRE )–Alcon (SIX/NYSE: ALC), the global leader in eye care dedicated to helping people see brilliantly, today announced plans in order to launch TOTAL30 ® for Astigmatism, the first-and-only reusable contact lens along with Water Gradient material for astigmatic contact lens wearers.
Studies show that comfort plays a critical role in the lens-wearing experience and brand loyalty associated with contact lens wearers. 2 Using Alcon’s proprietary Water Lean material first introduced with DAILIES TOTAL1 ® contact lenses, TOTAL30 delivers a premium wearing experience with regard to reusable lens wearers.
“Given astigmatic contact lens wearers are more likely to experience dryness and discomfort, we designed TOTAL30 regarding Astigmatism to bring reusable astigmatic lens wearers total comfort and ease 3 and proven stability 3, 4 for exceptional lens performance, ” said Ian Bell, President of Global Company & Innovation at Alcon. “These lenses are uniquely designed intended for reusable patients with demanding needs and offer Eye Care Professionals Alcon’s latest innovation to attract lens wearers. ”
The market for reusable lenses that correct to get astigmatism is currently $1. 2 billion and growing. 1 Since more patients along with astigmatism wear reusable disposable lenses, the availability of TOTAL30 for Astigmatism not only provides Alcon an opportunity in order to gain market share but can also bring outstanding comfort to the lens-wearing experience associated with these astigmatic lens users.
TOTAL30 pertaining to Astigmatism will be made with Water Gradient lens material enabling the gradual increase to nearly 100% water at the outermost surface so that nothing touches the eye but a gentle cushion of moisture. 5, 6 In addition , TOTAL30 features two other proprietary technologies from Alcon:
- The reusable, Water Gradient design of TOTAL30 meant for Astigmatism functions biomimetic CELLIGENT™ Technology. CELLIGENT helps resist bacteria plus lipid deposits for the clean zoom lens all month long. 4, 8-11
- The particular PRECISION BALANCE 8|4 ® lens design offers the on-eye stability astigmatic contact zoom lens wearers need for exceptionally clear and stable vision. 3
“TOTAL30 has been my go-to lens designed for patients who prefer recylable lenses. Now, I can offer the same month-long, premium wearing experience to astigmatic patients along with TOTAL30 just for Astigmatism, ” said Danny P. Mathew, O. D., Eyeworks, Texas. * “While many reusable contact lens wearers think some discomfort is the norm, reusable toric lens wearers can now encounter the excellent comfort of TOTAL30 for the purpose of Astigmatism. ” 3, 7
This is the third zoom lens Alcon has introduced over the past 24 months for the particular fast-growing toric lens category, including two daily disposable lenses: DAILIES TOTAL1 for Astigmatism plus PRECISION1 ® with regard to Astigmatism.
TOTAL30 for Astigmatism will be broadly available in the U. S. and Europe beginning in early 2023 and the rollout will expand to a lot more global markets throughout the particular year.
Rx only. Please see product instructions regarding full put on, care plus safety information.
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act associated with 1995. Forward-looking statements can be identified by words such as: “anticipate, ” “intend, ” “commitment, ” “look forward, ” “maintain, ” “plan, ” “goal, ” “seek, ” “target, ” “assume, ” “believe, ” “project, ” “estimate, ” “expect, ” “strategy, ” “future, ” “likely, ” “may, ” “should, ” “will” and similar references in order to future periods.
Forward-looking statements are neither historical facts nor assurances of future performance. Instead, they are based only on our current beliefs, expectations and assumptions regarding the long term of our business, future plans and strategies, and other upcoming conditions. Because forward-looking statements relate to the future, they are subject to inherent uncertainties and risks that are difficult to predict. Some of these factors are discussed in our filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, including our own Form 20-F. Should one or more of these uncertainties or risks materialize, or should underlying presumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those anticipated. Therefore, you should not rely on any of these forward-looking claims.
Forward-looking statements in this pr release speak only as of the particular date they may be made, and we assume no obligation in order to update forward-looking statements as a result of new info, future events or otherwise.
Alcon helps people see brilliantly. As the global leader within eye treatment with a heritage spanning over 75 years, we offer the broadest portfolio of products to enhance sight plus improve people’s lives. Our Surgical and Vision Care products touch the lives of more than 260 million individuals in over 140 countries each year living with conditions like cataracts, glaucoma, retinal diseases plus refractive errors. Our a lot more than 24, 000 associates are enhancing the quality of life through innovative products, partnerships with Vision Care Experts and programs that advance access to quality eye care. Learn more at www.alcon.com .
* Dr. Mathew is the paid Alcon consultant.
- Internal calculations; Alcon data on file, 2022.
- Schnider C, Wales M, Canavan K. Evaluating monthly replacement CL patient satisfaction. Optom Vis Sci. 2016; 92: E-abstract 165105.
- In a clinical study wherein patients (n=66) used AOSEPT® solution intended for nightly cleaning, disinfecting, and storing; Alcon data on file, 2021.
- Montaquila H, Gustafson B, Whaley T, Subramanian V. Clinical overall performance evaluation associated with lehfilcon A monthly alternative, silicone hydrogel toric get in touch with lenses. Optom Vis Sci. 2021; 98: E-abstract 215050.
- In vitro analysis of lens oxygen permeability, drinking water content, plus surface imaging; Alcon information on document, 2021.
- In vitro analysis of lehfilcon A lenses outermost surface softness and correlation along with water content; Alcon data on file, 2021.
- In a clinical trial to evaluate stability associated with axis orientation of DAILIES TOTAL1® to get Astigmatism lenses where n=47; Alcon information on document, 2020.
- Ishihara K, Fukazawa K, Sharma V, Liang S, et al. Antifouling silicone hydrogel contacts with a bioinspired 2-methacryloyloxyethyl phosphorylcholine polymer surface area. ACS Omega. 2021; 6: 7058-7067.
- Harris V, Pifer R, Shannon P, Crary M. Low in vitro Pseudomonas aerunginosa adhesion to lehfilcon A for the purpose of. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2022; 63: 541.
- Pifer R, Harris V, Crary M, Shannon P. Lower in vitro Serratia marcescens adhesion to lehfilcon A contact lenses. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2022; 63: 541.
- In vitro evaluation of lipid deposition pertaining to lehfilcon The and commercial lenses using 3D confocal imaging; Alcon data upon file, 2021.
Connect along with us on